This virtual Supplementary Course will discuss the evidence and practice of treatments utilizing intravenous infusion and hydration. IV Vitamin Infusion Treatments have become an increasing popular way for people to get vitamins and hydration directly and effectively.
These medical treatments, delivering fluids and nutrition intravenously into a person’s vein, fit perfectly within many medical aesthetics clinics as a wellness component. The didactic education will be accompanied by mentoring and product delivery technique instruction to follow the highest standards required by the provincial college.
- Evidence to support the practice of IV drips, vitamin and mineral infusion and hydration
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action
- Contraindications and precautions for treatment
- Medical directives and policy manual development
- Informed consent and procedure documentation
- Intravenous cannulation and procedure protocol
- Setting and discontinuation of drip rate
- Post-care expectations, side effects and management
With Corey Akisanya on the 3rd Tuesday of every month. Course cost is $500. Nurses and physicians who fully complete training in Foundation Courses 1-4 will save 20% on the registration fee.
Tracey’s Blog: IV Infusion Adds Wellness to Medical Aesthetics Practices