THMA provides comprehensive medical aesthetics training, in-person mentoring and ongoing education for nurses and physicians across Canada who wish to become medical aesthetics providers.
Our Mission is to be a national leader in training excellence and to raise the bar on professionalism, safety and ethical standards in medical aesthetics.
THMA Foundation Courses in Medical Aesthetics are CNA-accredited. The comprehensive training education and preceptorship program puts a firm focus on the evidence-based knowledge and injection techniques using dermal fillers and neurotoxins like Botox that are essential in safe and successful practices. The courses are offered in Virtual Learning and Hands-on Training components.
Ongoing education includes THMA Mentoring, Supplementary Courses, professional development presentations, and continuous guidance and support.
Training Workshops and Advanced Courses
Didactic Hands-on Workshops
* Sclerotherapy Treatments – to effectively treat varicose veins and spider veins.
* Lip Enhancements – to master skilled injection techniques to perfect lip enhancement outcomes.
* PRP Treatments – to rejuvenate skin and stimulate hair growth using the patient’s own blood.
* Deoxycholic Acid Treatments – to dissolve fatty deposits, most commonly in the jawline and under the chin.
Virtual Supplementary Courses
* Therapeutic Botulinum Toxin A – to include the use of neurotoxins like Botox for migraine headaches and TMJ disorders.
* Authorized Prescriber in a Collaborative Practice – to focus on a collaborative approach to authorized medical directives.
* IV Vitamin Infusion – To augment practices with wellness treatments of intravenous infusion and hydration.
Coast to Coast with THMA
THMA’s National Training and Mentoring Centre is located at Timeless Medical Aesthetics in Markham, Ont. We have 12 other regional training and mentoring centres in Ontario and across Canada, with a national team of clinical trainers. Find a regional THMA Training and Mentoring Centre near you.
Ongoing Education and Support
Your medical aesthetics education does not end when training is completed. THMA will regularly host Professional Development Symposiums that feature networking and lectures with topics and tips from experts in medical aesthetics. Nurses and physicians who successfully complete Foundation Courses training will receive complimentary Professional Development Presentations, monthly eNewsletters, admission to a Facebook Forum, and ongoing access to mentoring, support and advice.