Course 4a/4b: Practical Skills and Hands-on Training
Two Day In-Person Training – 12 Hours Total
Course 4a – Practical Skills
One of the most challenging aspects of the Training and Preceptorship Program is to ensure participants are comfortable with assessing patients and treating them safely with confidence and precision.
This two-day course begins with a 4-hour review of Course 1 and Course 2 with an advanced focus on practical skills
The Hands-on Training continues on the second day with procedure preparation and significant time for injecting selected models under direct supervision of an expert mentor. We limit participation in this 8-hour class is to foster close, interactive discussions throughout the important injection sessions.
Regional Training Note: Participants in Virtual Training in Foundation Courses 1-3 can complete the program with Course 4 training in Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Montreal and Halifax as well as in Ontario clinics in Toronto, Ottawa, Oakville, London, Barrie, Sudbury and Kingston. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on our national and regional training centres.
1. Review of virtual training in both Course 1 and Course 2
2. Demonstrating facial anatomy, drawing on each other.
3. Reviewing the components of the medical history and facial
4. Practicing assessments on each other – history,
assessment, consent and treatment plan
6. Review and demonstration of injection techniques
Course 4b – Hands-on Training
- Hands-on training with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers approved by Health Canada (such as Juvederm®, Restylane® and Princess®)
- Hands-on training with neurotoxin products approved by Health Canada (such as Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin®)
- Hands-on training regarding the injection technique, aesthetics effectiveness and safety benefits of procedures with a cannula
- Botulinum toxin A treatment areas, including:
- peri-orbital lines
- brow shaping nasalis
- Hyaluronic acid treatment areas, including:
- malar augmentation
- nasolabial folds
- lip enhancement
- mandibular contouring
Successful completion of Course 4 will be based on observation of injection techniques and completion of a skills check list. Participants must provide two to four models for injections in the hands-on portion of Course 4 training. THMA Consulting invites successful participants to return with their models after two weeks to assess their work and discuss the value of follow-up visits with patients and possible re-treatments.