Supplementary Course: IV Vitamin Infusion (Zoom)
June 22 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm EDT
One event on May 18, 2021 at 7:00pm
One event on June 22, 2021 at 7:00pm
IV vitamin treatments are an increasing popular way for people to get vitamin and hydration directly and effectively through the delivery of fluids and nutrition intravenously. IV Vitamin Infusion Treatments would fit perfectly within many clinics as a wellness component.
This Supplementary Course on IV Vitamin Infusion Treatments will discuss the evidence and practice of treatments utilizing intravenous therapy and hydration. The didactic education will be accompanied by mentoring and product delivery technique instruction to follow the highest standards required by the provincial college.
- Evidence to support the practice of intravenous therapy and hydration
- Pharmacology and mechanism of action
- Contraindications and precautions for treatment
- Medical directives and policy manual
- Informed consent and procedure documentation
- Procedure preparation
- Intravenous cannulation and procedure protocol
- Calculating, setting drip rate and discontinuation of intravenous therapy
- Post-care expectations, side effects and management