- This event has passed.
Course 4: Hands-on Training (Ottawa)
September 26 @ 12:00 pm - September 27 @ 4:00 pm EDT
One event on December 5, 2020 at 12:00pm
One event on November 7, 2020 at 12:00pm
Foundation Course 4: Practical Training and Hands-on Mentoring
The two-day Course 4 completes the Virtual Training in Foundation Courses 1 and 2.
The new THMA Consulting Ottawa Training and Mentoring Centre is at Head Office, a modern and collaborative office space that we can use as a medical clinic and training centre, located at 430 Hazeldean Rd in Kanata.
The comprehensive training begins with a 4-hour review of Course 1 and Course 2 with an advanced focus on Practical Skills. The Hands-on Mentoring component on the second day includes procedure preparation and significant time for injecting selected models under direct supervision of an expert mentor. This 8-hour class is limited to four participants to encourage close, interactive discussions throughout the important injection sessions.
Course 4a – Hands-on Practical Skills. 4 Hours
- Review of virtual training in both Course 1 and Course 2
- Demonstrating and drawing facial anatomy
- Reviewing the components of the medical history and facial
- Practicing assessments on each other – history,
assessment, consent and treatment plan
- Review and demonstration of injection techniques
Course 4b – Hands-on Injection Training. 8 Hours
- Hands-on training with hyaluronic acid dermal fillers approved by Health Canada (such as Juvederm®, Restylane® and Princess®)
- Hands-on training with neurotoxin products approved by Health Canada (such as Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin®)
- Hands-on training regarding the injection technique, aesthetics effectiveness and safety benefits of procedures with a cannula
- Botulinum toxin A treatment areas, including:
- peri-orbital lines
- brow shaping nasalis
5. Hyaluronic acid treatment areas, including:
- malar augmentation
- nasolabial folds
- lip enhancement
- mandibular contouring